Topic: No Time to Die delayed until April 2nd, 2021

https://deadline.com/2020/10/no-time-to … ssion=true

Well,,,,,,,,

Six more months!

Re: No Time to Die delayed until April 2nd, 2021

Assume this will be announced as global. I'm gutted. But I also recognise if things continue on current trends it would be grossly irresponsible to forge ahead.

Last edited by Royale-les-Eaux (2nd Oct 2020 20:14)

Just imagine the marketing department right now.  They've been working their butts off the last 3 weeks or so to make this happen and now...poof.

It's the smart call, though.  Unless you're actively trying to lose money, you've simply gotta punt until next year.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

Dammit....

https://twitter.com/007/status/1312122931879632897

Not unsurprising world is a COVID mess right now - gut feeling it may even slip to Fall 2021 if the human race does not get its arrse in gear and start taking the threat seriously.

Cheers  ajb007/bond

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

So in April when nothing is better will they just stream the bloody film? Or will we spend the next 2 years the way we have spent the last 2: waiting every six months for a premier that is perpetually delayed! ajb007/mad  This is why the years spent waiting for Craig and then chasing flashy directors is so costly. When you fail to control the things you should, you get burned even worse by the things you don’t control.

It's now up against FAST AND FURIOUS 9 in the USA.  Oooof.  One of them will need to move.

Current rankings:

ajb007/mad  Annoying but expected  ajb007/crap

“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another"

Gotta wonder what this means for the licensing agreements with Omega, Tommy Bahama, and all of the rest?  I'm sure those were signed with '2020' as the effective year.

Also: I have to wonder if they'll be working diligently on 4K physical releases of the non-Craig films to try and recoup some money.

Current rankings:

Small consolation for the marketing department but they enthused my wallet during this second ramp...

Small consolation for me; those original APRIL posters *will* come in handy a second time around!  ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by Royale-les-Eaux (2nd Oct 2020 20:45)

Royale-les-Eaux wrote:

Small consolation for me; those original APRIL posters *will* come in handy a second time around!  ajb007/biggrin

Hah!  You're right!

Current rankings:

Royale-les-Eaux wrote:

Small consolation for the marketing department but the enthused my wallet during this second ramp...

Hahaha that's the right attitude to have

So disappointing but yet so expected. I think they need to can everything now and bring it all back out again when we know for sure Covid is under control and a full cinematic release is a go. But please... EON get the next actor cast and start on the new film for release 2023!!

"Any of the opposition around..?"

...or at the very least 2024, the 60th Anniversary of what many feel is THE archetypal and greatest Bond film.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

I simply cannot second all if the „right move/ smart decision“-commentaries over on Instagram.

This is getting ridiculous, we‘ve got the 5th release date/ 4th postponement for this movie now.
EON is trying to sit things out, casually postponing the thing ever so close to the actual release.

Member Miles Messervy has said it quite correctly:
They waste to much time in between the movies, this time it was waiting forever and a day for DC to make his mind up and then the debacle with the directors.

Truth is: nobody knows where the world will be going in the forseeable future let alone April next year so it’s bloody optimistic of them to postpone it to then.

Pretty sure the average movie-goer/ casual Bond-fan will loose interest at a certain point.

They should really face the facts and come to terms with alternate ways of distribution!
smfh

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
Check it out, you won’t be disappointed ajb007/smile

The head of the Norwegian cinema organisation said on the seven o'clock news there's 95% chance NTTD wil premiere in November  ajb007/lol 

This is sensible, but still disapointing.
I really hope EON spends the time well and use it to cast a new Bond and geet an ace script written.

At this point, we could have a double feature of NTTD and Bond 26.

Current rankings:

Gymkata wrote:

At this point, we could have a double feature of NTTD and Bond 26.

If only those rumours of secretly filming 2 back to back had been true!

Billie Eilish must be a bit annoyed now since she launched her NTTD music video just yesterday. Couldn't they have given her a quiet word ....

And JBR just made their first podcast in months  ajb007/lol

Last edited by Number24 (2nd Oct 2020 21:04)

Hmm...I wonder if they'll carry on with things like the official podcast?

Adidas announced today. Smirnoff had a launch planned.

I assume there were official plans for World James Bond day on Monday...

Royale-les-Eaux wrote:

Hmm...I wonder if they'll carry on with things like the official podcast?

Adidas announced today. Smirnoff had a launch planned.

I would not be surprised for Tommy Bahama to have the NTTD shirts in stores by next weekend.  No way in heck they want to carry that inventory into 2021.

Current rankings:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … -2021.html

The name's Bond_James_Bond

I didn't realise that they could predict the future, I didn't know that they had a crystal ball. IMO this is idiotic. April 2021? Why? Does their crystal ball say the world will be better by then?

1 - Lald, 2 - Ltk, 3 - Avtak, 4 - Op, 5 - Dn, 6 - Fyeo, 7 - Tswlm, 8 - Daf, 9 - Sf, 10 - Ohmss, 11 - Yolt, 12 - Ge, 13 - Tld, 14 - Mr, 15 - Gf, 16 - Tb, 17 - Tmwtgg, 18 - Sp, 19 - Tnd, 20 - Dad, 21 - Twine, 22 - Frwl, 23 - Cr, 24 - Qos

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Most experts believe there will be at least one vaccine well before April. Priority groups (helth services, people with cancer, the elderly etc) will get it first, but Hopefully the general populations will have started getting it by April/May.