Comments

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 812MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    Assume this will be announced as global. I'm gutted. But I also recognise if things continue on current trends it would be grossly irresponsible to forge ahead.
  • blackhawks1229blackhawks1229 Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Dammit....
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Not unsurprising world is a COVID mess right now - gut feeling it may even slip to Fall 2021 if the human race does not get its arrse in gear and start taking the threat seriously.

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    So in April when nothing is better will they just stream the bloody film? Or will we spend the next 2 years the way we have spent the last 2: waiting every six months for a premier that is perpetually delayed! X-( This is why the years spent waiting for Craig and then chasing flashy directors is so costly. When you fail to control the things you should, you get burned even worse by the things you don’t control.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    X-( Annoying but expected :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited October 2020
    Small consolation for the marketing department but they enthused my wallet during this second ramp...

Small consolation for me; those original APRIL posters *will* come in handy a second time around! :D
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    Small consolation for the marketing department but the enthused my wallet during this second ramp...

Small consolation for me; those original APRIL posters *will* come in handy a second time around! :D

Hahaha that's the right attitude to have
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,104MI6 Agent
    So disappointing but yet so expected. I think they need to can everything now and bring it all back out again when we know for sure Covid is under control and a full cinematic release is a go. But please... EON get the next actor cast and start on the new film for release 2023!!
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,104MI6 Agent
    ...or at the very least 2024, the 60th Anniversary of what many feel is THE archetypal and greatest Bond film.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    I simply cannot second all if the „right move/ smart decision“-commentaries over on Instagram.

This is getting ridiculous, we‘ve got the 5th release date/ 4th postponement for this movie now.
    EON is trying to sit things out, casually postponing the thing ever so close to the actual release.

Member Miles Messervy has said it quite correctly:
    They waste to much time in between the movies, this time it was waiting forever and a day for DC to make his mind up and then the debacle with the directors.

Truth is: nobody knows where the world will be going in the forseeable future let alone April next year so it’s bloody optimistic of them to postpone it to then.

Pretty sure the average movie-goer/ casual Bond-fan will loose interest at a certain point.

They should really face the facts and come to terms with alternate ways of distribution!
    smfh
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,672MI6 Agent
    The head of the Norwegian cinema organisation said on the seven o'clock news there's 95% chance NTTD wil premiere in November :))

This is sensible, but still disapointing.
    I really hope EON spends the time well and use it to cast a new Bond and geet an ace script written.
    Gymkata wrote:
    At this point, we could have a double feature of NTTD and Bond 26.

If only those rumours of secretly filming 2 back to back had been true!
    edited October 2020
    Billie Eilish must be a bit annoyed now since she launched her NTTD music video just yesterday. Couldn't they have given her a quiet word ....

And JBR just made their first podcast in months :))
    Hmm...I wonder if they'll carry on with things like the official podcast?

Adidas announced today. Smirnoff had a launch planned.

I assume there were official plans for World James Bond day on Monday...
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    I didn't realise that they could predict the future, I didn't know that they had a crystal ball. IMO this is idiotic. April 2021? Why? Does their crystal ball say the world will be better by then?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Most experts believe there will be at least one vaccine well before April. Priority groups (helth services, people with cancer, the elderly etc) will get it first, but Hopefully the general populations will have started getting it by April/May.
    edited October 2020
    Jarvio wrote:
    I didn't realise that they could predict the future, I didn't know that they had a crystal ball. IMO this is idiotic. April 2021? Why? Does their crystal ball say the world will be better by then?

The chance of a scale lockdown in the UK by November 11th is over 50%, the circuit breaker national lockdown is still very, very much on the table. Even with Tenet, Bill & Ted et al in theatres some cinemas that re-opened have closed again due to low (even allowing for capped capacity) numbers. They don't need to tell the future, they can see the present.
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    This is disappointing obviously but I am not even angry at this point just completely over it to be honest. It's still EON's fault - because if they had of stuck with their second release date of Feb 14 2020 this film and Craig would be old news by now.

The one thing that really irritates me is their recent marketing campaign. The Eilish clip, the podcast, all the posters and trailers - They would have known full well two weeks ago that they were going to delay so why continue to mess with fan expectations?

This will have to be the last delay. Any further delays and the public will lack interest for a bond film that is 2 years old.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Billie Eilish must be a bit annoyed now since she launched her NTTD music video just yesterday. Couldn't they have given her a quiet word ....

And JBR just made their first podcast in months :))

Yeah that is weird. Nothing left to market
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Yes, one would think there was some syncronization between her people and EON.
    Something must have happened today or a deadline been present that triggered something - maybe they had to let theatres know to release tickets or not - because it does seem really odd to release an official podcast to run over several weeks if you knew the plug was going to be pulled in a matter of days.

It's not like making sure a brand partner can get stock onto the market place that they have to in 2020 for bottom line - which goes double in these straightened times.
    They don't need to tell the future, they can see the present

I know they can see the present, that's not my point, my point is - why April 2021? The world might be no better at that point.

So I say they should have just released it VOD and accept it won't do as well financially.

I know the world is in a terrible state, I'm not denying it, but it's when they promise release dates that gets on my nerves. They can't promise April 2021, unless they have that crystal ball.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Something must have happened today or a deadline been present that triggered something - maybe they had to let theatres know to release tickets or not - because it does seem really odd to release an official podcast to run over several weeks if you knew the plug was going to be pulled in a matter of days.

It's not like making sure a brand partner can get stock onto the market place that they have to in 2020 for bottom line - which goes double in these straightened times.

Yeah for sure.

When I saw the video release yesterday I thought damn it really is going ahead!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Jarvio wrote:

I know they can see the present, that's not my point, my point is - why April 2021? The world might be no better at that point.

So I say they should have just released it VOD and accept it won't do as well financially.

I know the world is in a terrible state, I'm not denying it, but it's when they promise release dates that gets on my nerves. They can't promise April 2021, unless they have that crystal ball.

I know, but theatrical release and big screen experience is in the DNA of Bond. It's event cinema. They will resist and resist and resist VoD, rightly or wrongly. I lean the former by preference.

They're taking the same punt other movies are that 2021 will have seen progress. They're obviously balancing that against wanting to get the film out ASAP so they've gone for what they probably see as the minimum viable delay of 6 months as opposed to late 21 which might be safer but maybe difficult for all sorts of reasons.

It sucks but they're just following their own profile and the rest of the industry.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    But you got to admit: what a way to end DC‘s tenure...with a more than p!ssed off fan-base...
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    edited October 2020
    But you got to admit: what a way to end DC‘s tenure...with a more than pissed off fan-base...

'tis true. Although I do believe there's a stunning film sitting in the can...here's hoping it makes all the **** fade away when it finally rolls.

No small irony of course that the person most desperate for the next chapter is probably DC himself! :))

Praise to the forum admins for brightening a disappointing evening with the discovery that certain expletives are replaced with Brexit! :)) :))
    edited October 2020
    Jarvio wrote:

I know, but theatrical release and big screen experience is in the DNA of Bond. It's event cinema. They will resist and resist and resist VoD, rightly or wrongly. I lean the former by preference.

They're taking the same punt other movies are that 2021 will have seen progress. They're obviously balancing that against wanting to get the film out ASAP so they've gone for what they probably see as the minimum viable delay of 6 months as opposed to late 21 which might be safer but maybe difficult for all sorts of reasons.

It sucks but they're just following their own profile and the rest of the industry.

Cinema is indeed in the DNA of bond. But I don't think they have a choice here. This virus could be with us for years. What if the virus is still bad in 5 years time, and cinemas are still too risky? Cinemas could even be dead by then. It's awful, but they have no choice or control on this.

Nearing April 2021, there will probably be another delay to November 2021, and so on, and fans will lose faith and interest with each delay.

IMO VOD is the only thing they can do now.

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :(