Re: No Time to Die delayed until October 8th, 2021

thelordflasheart wrote:

No vaccine is 100% effective. The efficacy rate for the most promising vaccine is around 95% in ideal conditions (and less for others). That means that someone who receives the vaccine still has the possibility of contracting COVID.

But, the more people that get the vaccine means that there are fewer people to spread it (although even that is in question, and can be different depending on the type of vaccine used). If vaccine uptake was, say, 75% of a population then I would feel much more comfortable seeing a movie than if it was, say, 40% of the population.

Like anything, there is more nuance to this:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal … SKBN27Y124

The idea is that the more people that are immunized means that it's another tool in slowing the spread.  BUT - and this is important - we still need to social distance, wear masks, and wash hands frequently.

What has been amazingly frustrating to me is the anti-maskers or conspiracy theorists who claim that their biggest priority is to open up the economy. If they would do those three things I listed, then we could have opened up almost all of the economy already.

Not being American I'm astonished at the prevalence of the conspiracy theories that are broadcast far and wide. I mean, I even saw a video from one of the most popular Bond influencers where his guest starting off with COVID conspiracies and the host didn't call him out on it.

This is important - we can agree to disagree on matter of opinion but not on matters of fact.

What I would challenge everyone to do all over the world is, in addition to social distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands, add a fourth thing - challenge people on untruths. Ask them "Why do you believe that?" If they say it's just something they feel, ask them if that's a reasonable way to assess truth (how many times did they "feel" so sure that something was going to happen but it didn't?). If they say "Oh, I heard this..." ask them who did they hear it from? Why would they believe it? If they say "I've done my research" ask them to specifically list the resources they went to and what they found, and how they verified it (hint: watching a Youtube video is not "research").

Sorry for the rant, but the reason that we haven't watch NTTD with our friends in theatres by now is because of those types of people. We had the opportunity to get the numbers down to a place where we could have seen movies, but...we didn't. As I said many months ago, "Want to see NTTD in November? Wear a mask today"

Well said!

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:
thelordflasheart wrote:

No vaccine is 100% effective. The efficacy rate for the most promising vaccine is around 95% in ideal conditions (and less for others). That means that someone who receives the vaccine still has the possibility of contracting COVID.

But, the more people that get the vaccine means that there are fewer people to spread it (although even that is in question, and can be different depending on the type of vaccine used). If vaccine uptake was, say, 75% of a population then I would feel much more comfortable seeing a movie than if it was, say, 40% of the population.

Like anything, there is more nuance to this:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal … SKBN27Y124

The idea is that the more people that are immunized means that it's another tool in slowing the spread.  BUT - and this is important - we still need to social distance, wear masks, and wash hands frequently.

What has been amazingly frustrating to me is the anti-maskers or conspiracy theorists who claim that their biggest priority is to open up the economy. If they would do those three things I listed, then we could have opened up almost all of the economy already.

Not being American I'm astonished at the prevalence of the conspiracy theories that are broadcast far and wide. I mean, I even saw a video from one of the most popular Bond influencers where his guest starting off with COVID conspiracies and the host didn't call him out on it.

This is important - we can agree to disagree on matter of opinion but not on matters of fact.

What I would challenge everyone to do all over the world is, in addition to social distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands, add a fourth thing - challenge people on untruths. Ask them "Why do you believe that?" If they say it's just something they feel, ask them if that's a reasonable way to assess truth (how many times did they "feel" so sure that something was going to happen but it didn't?). If they say "Oh, I heard this..." ask them who did they hear it from? Why would they believe it? If they say "I've done my research" ask them to specifically list the resources they went to and what they found, and how they verified it (hint: watching a Youtube video is not "research").

Sorry for the rant, but the reason that we haven't watch NTTD with our friends in theatres by now is because of those types of people. We had the opportunity to get the numbers down to a place where we could have seen movies, but...we didn't. As I said many months ago, "Want to see NTTD in November? Wear a mask today"

Well said!

+1

In light of the Warner Bros news, it looks as though many studios are moving towards a hybrid model. Whereby you release in theatres and have a shortened window before going to streaming.

Now Disney and Warner Bros have that capacity as they have their own streaming service. In lieu of MGM having a similar service, they could go down the PVOd path after a short release in cinemas. Alternatively, they could broker a deal with a streamer like Apple and release on their service after 3-4 weeks in cinemas.

If they don't go with a hybrid model and stick purely to a theatrical release, then sadly, it'll probably move. I think the best move would be to skip summer. Then date NTTD for October 1, 2021. By then the vaccine would have been widely distributed. Plus, that date has bought a lot of luck to both Venom and Joker.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NKM75UnAN60/Wt69l0Nt1pI/AAAAAAAA8nM/0KbPv3Ct008_UfGsAOpKA5Mn2MWEErusQCLcBGAs/s1600/Marvel%2527s%2BVenom%2BTeaser%2BOne%2BSheet%2BMovie%2BPoster.png
https://heroichollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/joker-banner-joaquin-phoenix.jpg

IMO, I think if all goes well with the vaccine, EON will go back to the traditional mid to late November release date for NTTD.

HowardB wrote:

IMO, I think if all goes well with the vaccine, EON will go back to the traditional mid to late November release date for NTTD.

It's probably the likeliest outcome but I can't help thinking Craig's swan song as Bond will feel like very old news by that point, mostly because of the two prior marketing pushes — but also because of everything else young and exciting (The Batman, Black Panther 2, etc) on the horizon.

Those movies will be months later or more (IF they stick their respective dates; they've each had their own problems lately). Not sure hype for an upcoming movie trumps an actual movie you can watch.

Cheverian wrote:
HowardB wrote:

It's probably the likeliest outcome but I can't help thinking Craig's swan song as Bond will feel like very old news by that point, mostly because of the two prior marketing pushes — but also because of everything else young and exciting (The Batman, Black Panther 2, etc) on the horizon.

What prior two marketing pushes?

The first one, I'll spot you. But the second one never really began — there was a trailer and a TV appearance. But they hadn't started the mass advertisements yet at all.

To the vast majority of people who aren't dorks like us, they may not even know the film is coming out. It won't be "old news" if it never existed in their mind!

BlindManBaldwin wrote:
Cheverian wrote:
HowardB wrote:

What prior two marketing pushes?

The first one, I'll spot you. But the second one never really began — there was a trailer and a TV appearance. But they hadn't started the mass advertisements yet at all.

To the vast majority of people who aren't dorks like us, they may not even know the film is coming out. It won't be "old news" if it never existed in their mind!

I can't speak to what people did or didn't see, but I saw the TV commercials this fall. And magazines were using the stars on their autumn covers as if in preparation for the November premiere. (It was Total Film's second NTTD cover!) Plus all the cheesy tabloid stories about Bond "bankrupting" MGM, etc.

This strikes me as one of those questions that can't be resolved until the movie comes out and either fulfills expectations or fizzles.

https://i.postimg.cc/zHR340tP/201013-total-film-no-time-to-die-october.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/472hDKJn/Daniel-Craig-for-Madame-Figaro-Mens-Special-September-2020-Editorial8-jpg.png

https://i.postimg.cc/vDDnWvzn/Lea-Seydoux-covers-The-Sunday-Times-Style-November-1st-2020-by-David-Ferrua-1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/0zGK8X8T/Lea-Seydoux-covers-Madame-Figaro-November-13th-2020-by-Thiemo-Sander-1.jpg

There’s been loads of marketing and tie-ins for both cancelled releases.  Omega, NPeal, C&J etc. Heineken and Bollinger both have standees and product in the shops now as do Omega   Magazines, souvenir items, the list goes on. If you’re not aware of prior marketing pushes you must have been living in a cave as they’ve been and still are happening.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

EON should push the US release date off to mid-June. By then the US should be approaching herd immunity (assuming 20 million immunizations a month, and, sadly, 6 million reported cases a month) and theatres should be open.

I’d be astounded if they release it before August now.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Asp9mm wrote:

I’d be astounded if they release it before August now.

Unfortunately I agree  ajb007/crap

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

I thinking November 2021.

Cheverian wrote:
HowardB wrote:

As long as things are close to being back to normal, and by normal I mean going to the movies is safe, I think if NTTD is good, people will come out to see it. Bond is a tradition and I believe people will have a hunger to get back to the traditional things of the past that they enjoy. The other thing is we are talking about the general public, not the sampling of Bond fanatics who frequent the AJB and have been obsessing about this film for a multitude of reasons for what seems like years (actually it has been years ajb007/lol ).

True, Bond movies have a history of causing people to come out  ajb007/shifty

HowardB wrote:
Cheverian wrote:
HowardB wrote:

As long as things are close to being back to normal, and by normal I mean going to the movies is safe, I think if NTTD is good, people will come out to see it. Bond is a tradition and I believe people will have a hunger to get back to the traditional things of the past that they enjoy. The other thing is we are talking about the general public, not the sampling of Bond fanatics who frequent the AJB and have been obsessing about this film for a multitude of reasons for what seems like years (actually it has been years ajb007/lol ).

I agree with all of this.

I also would like to add, if the film is good then people will see it. This is kind of a simple, "no s***, Sherlock" thing to say, but I think it's important. Post-COVID, if there is a good film in a theater that is fun and everyone enjoys, it'll make bank because people will be talking about it.

I went and saw Tenet during the height on the pandemic here in Toronto and it was no problem - we all were spaced out, we all had masks on ...is it the same as when times were 'normal'? No...but it was pretty darn close to feeling like it was normal once the movie started.

Shop the latest thing from Q Branch - James Bond inspired merch and gifts!
https://qbranchmedia.shop

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo9H2D7XIAAJhfv?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/AarontYouGreat/stat … 92/photo/1  ajb007/lol

tshold wrote:

I went and saw Tenet during the height on the pandemic here in Toronto and it was no problem - we all were spaced out, we all had masks on ...is it the same as when times were 'normal'? No...but it was pretty darn close to feeling like it was normal once the movie started.

Maybe, but Tenet did not perform as well as expected / hoped. Too many people will avoid the theaters as long as Covid-19 is a threat.

A part of Tenet's problem was that it got mediocre reviews. At 71% on Rotten Tomatoes, it's the lowest rated Nolan-directed film ever.

Gala Brand wrote:

A part of Tenet's problem was that it got mediocre reviews. At 71% on Rotten Tomatoes, it's the lowest rated Nolan-directed film ever.

That’s part of it. But not the big part. I’m posting on a James Bond forum, so obviously not just a “casual Bond fan”, and I would not see NTTD in a theater during the pandemic. They’ve waited this long. Might as well just ride it out and make their money.

Anyone one knows the watch name worn by James bond in the last chapter? I think it inspire from apple smart watch

The UK is locking down again due to a covid mutation, stocks are sinking....etc

...not sure if I will ever see the new Bond in theaters...

People here have suggested a November 2021 release for NTTD but that would put it into direct competition with MI:7. Talk about a box office dogfight.

Halcon wrote:

The UK is locking down again due to a covid mutation, stocks are sinking....etc

...not sure if I will ever see the new Bond in theaters...

I'm 100% sure we will, it's only a question of when. Theatre survived the Spanish Flu and that pandemic killed more people than world war one.