Re: Tuesday Nov. 3rd 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch DR NO together

I don't think Taylor Swift should have any feedback  on it  ajb007/tongue

“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another"

Why not, she may be a huge Connery fan  ajb007/biggrin 

Like Michelle in 'Allo 'allo I rarely repeat myself, but this time I will:

If we change Tuesday's movie to DN, are there any members in adition to those who origionally signed on for Navarone who will join us in watching DN? If I change the plans it has to be done tonight or tomorrow morining at the latest, so swift/quick/hasty/rapid/speedy feedback is apriciated.

Let's spend the US presidential election night doing something fun and constructive together!  ajb007/biggrin
The origional plan was to watch The Guns of Navarone, but we decided to celebrate sir Sean Connery's life and movies by watching DN together instead!  ajb007/bond !
Everyone is invited! If youre not familiar with the consept I'll try to explain it: We start watching at the same time, regardless of witch time zone we're in. We'll comment on what's going on as if we were sitting in the same living room, eating pizza and drinking [insert your beverage of choise] together. We will comment on the thread you're on now.

London wintertime:          19:00
Paris wintertime:              19:00
New York local time          14:00
LA local time                    11:00

PLEASE  KEEP IN MIND THAT WE ARE ALL STARTING 10 MINUTES LATER !

The 19:00 deadline is set so that everybody has enough time to find their DVDs/Blu Rays, boot their players and get ready for playing the movie
WE ARE STARTING PRECISELY AT 19:10

- Please make sure that everybody has their BluRay/DVD/VCR ready and start the player latest 19:00 GMT to get done with all the dodgy menus.
- PAUSE YOUR PLAYER
- HIT PLAY PRECISELY AT 19:10.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5EkevB8q93c/WbxvKn3xQXI/AAAAAAACC1o/MugAiZ2raKsK2tGS5TrOiVKmtfb4chjNwCLcBGAs/s1600/Dr_No_movie_poster_jamesbondreview.filminspector.com_5.jpg

Last edited by Number24 (2nd Nov 2020 16:31)

N24

I may have read your timings wrong with 'summer time', however please check to make sure.

There will be no difference between Paris time and UK time. UK time moved to GMT last week!

I cannot join in as I will be at my work.

Last edited by Joshua (2nd Nov 2020 14:51)

You're right. I just copied some of the text from Higgins's watchalongs.

Will the LA and NY times change compared to the other times?

Number24 wrote:

You're right. I just copied some of the text from Higgins's watchalongs.

I thought so! I just edited my message too!

I notice you have edited your original post, but again, your timings for Paris and London are still out. they should both the same time (GMT) and will either be 2000 or 2100.

London is one hour earlier than Paris.

NYC and LA need to be corrected:

https://share-your-photo.com/img/a770d5d1c3.jpg

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

Thanks. I'm actaully really smart and quick on the uptake. I get things as soon as the issue is explained to me slowly and with short words  ajb007/lol
I'll fix it as soon as the other threads are re-opened by one of the Mods.

You need to change the times in the 1st post as well

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

Thank you

https://media1.tenor.com/images/09c075a32556feeb23c5943c3b5bd496/tenor.gif?itemid=4425225

Apologies N24. In winter I thought Paris was on the same GMT reading as London!

No24 I think you left out the bit about The GunBarrel
Thats the important thing with Higgins's method:
The dvds usually have several seconds of corporate logos as well as the overlong loading of the main menu
The thing is to get past the main menu, past the corporate logos, and Then hit pause just before The GunBarrel, to calibrate.
Then at exactly ten after everybody unPauses and lets the movie roll from the same spot at the same second

You're right. In the last week, and especially the last couple of days, my respect for Higgins has increased. He's still wrong about Dalton and his trainers are still ugly, though.  ajb007/shifty

By now it's probably most effective to go through that part at 19:00 tomorrow, I think.

Joshua wrote:

Apologies N24. In winter I thought Paris was on the same GMT reading as London!

I think only Portugal is, if I'm remembering correctly.

It must be lonely for them. Even more surprisingly: all of China is one timezone. The countries directly to the south of China uses five timezones ....

Should we be drinking vodka martinis tomorrow  ajb007/martini , during DN?

Vodka martinis would be both apropriate and entertaining, but you know my beverage of choise .....  ajb007/biggrin

http://applecrosspizza.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/coke-zero-e1445479723306.jpg

I prefer pepsi max, sometimes with lemon added and occasionally rum, preferably Captain Morgan.

Not this one?

https://media.cdr.nl/COVER/MEDIUM/FRONT/HDX7562/Rum-and-Coca-Cola.jpg

The very words I live by  ajb007/lol

Tonight is the night - we're watching Dr No and commneting on in right here. Let's have fun and remember the great Sean Connery  ajb007/bond

PLEASE  KEEP IN MIND THAT WE MEET UP HERE AT 19:00, BUT ARE STARTING 10 MINUTES LATER !

The 19:00 deadline is set so that everybody has enough time to find their DVDs/Blu Rays, boot their players and get done with the menus and pause right where the gunbarrel starts.

WE ARE STARTING PRECISELY AT 19:10

- Please make sure that everybody has their BluRay/DVD/VCR ready and start the player latest 19:00 GMT to get done with all the dodgy menus.
- PAUSE YOUR PLAYER RIGHT BEFORE THE GUNBARREL
- HIT PLAY PRECISELY AT 19:10.

- WE START THE MOVIE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GUNBARREL, SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE FINISHED WITH EVERYTHING ELSE BY 19:10

I'm looking forward to tonight's viewing. As I wait for the start time, I'm rewatching a few of the special features on the Blu-Ray. I enjoyed rewatching the trailer narrated by Connery, although as my wife pointed out it's basically the entire film summarised by Bond, and not much held back.