Topic: Sir Sean Connery Dies Age 90

Very sad news https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

R.I.P Mr Bond

Last edited by SiCo (31st Oct 2020 12:44)

Re: Sir Sean Connery Dies Age 90

Very sad news RIP Mr Bond.

I believe Sir Sean Connery deserves his own topic, please also see the following post:
https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47581/bo … es/page/8/

Simon

Very sad news indeed. Will have to watch a few of his Bond films now, in memory of the greatest actor to have played Bond.

"Watch the birdie, you bastard!"

Favourite Bond films list

We all knew this day would come but the legend is forever. Rest in peace Mr Bond!

The saddest news for James Bond fans around the World. Goodbye, Mr Bond...

2020 is not my favourite year. RIP to the greatest BOND of all.

Very sad news indeed. I have paid respect to Sean Connery in the other theread, but I have an idea that is perhaps more fitting to post here. I think I'm not alone in wanting to watch sir Sean in one of his wonderful movies some time in the near future. It would be very nice to be able to do it together with other fans. We watched all the Bond films, including Connery's, in the spring and I don't belive enough time has past to revisit them yet. But Connery has made many other great movies. Is there any interest out there to watch Indiana Jones and the last crusade, The Untuchables, The hunt for Red October or one of his other movies together some time in next weekend or ... sometime fairly soon?

Last edited by Number24 (31st Oct 2020 13:23)

An obituary from the BBC.

Obituary: Sir Sean Connery https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13087132

Simon

The first James Bond and MY first James Bond.
He owned it from the first frame.
Devastated.
With love to all in the Bond community feeling this one today.

Murder | Employment.

This is very sad, although not unexpected, news. I had heard Sir Sean had suffered several minor ailments over the last few years and I was dreading this day with the inevitability of a cold winter.

I love and admire Sean Connery unashamedly. He is one of the last few genuine movie stars from the sixties. He is rightly famous for OO7, but his sheer body of excellent work is testament to his brilliant career and insurmountable talent.

I can't write a full appreciation of his career so soon after his passing. That will come in a few days, perhaps. Suffice to say, as the first James Bond I saw ( Thunderball, on telly in about 1976) he has influenced my love - and hate - for the character over the following 25 odd years.

R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery.
You will be missed.

May he rest in piece, not originally the favourite with the studios but Saltzman and Broccoli knew what they were doing.

The definitive Mr Bond and 007.

God bless him - ‘007 Reporting for duty’ (for the last time at the pearly gates)

RIP Sir Sean Connery - Gone but never forgotten!

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

The OG. GOAT. RIP

The reason why we all here  ajb007/martini

Number24 wrote:

Very sad news indeed. I have paid respect to Sean Connery in the other theread, but I have an idea that is perhaps more fitting to post here. I think I'm not alone in wanting to watch sir Sean in one of his wonderful movies some time in the near future. It would be very nice to be able to do it together with other fans. We watched all the Bond films, including Connery's, in the spring and I don't belive enough time has past to revisit them yet. But Connery has made many other great movies. Is there any interest out there to watch Indiana Jones and the last crusade, The Untuchables, The hunt for Red October or one of his other movies together some time in next weekend or ... sometime fairly soon?

I suggest the Name of the Rose which is some kind of medieval Bond film. Funny fact: Umberto Eco, the author of the novel, was quite sceptical about the choice of Connery to play the main character. Then he saw the movie and definitely changed his mind. I use to call that the « Fleming Syndrome ».

Sad news. Goodbye SC!

1. Cr, 2. Ltk, 3. Tld, 4. Qs, 5. Ohmss, 6. Twine, 7. Tnd, 8. Tswlm, 9. Frwl, 10. Tb, 11. Ge, 12. Gf, 13. Dn, 14. Mr, 15. Op, 16. Yolt, 17. Sf, 18. Daf, 19. Avtak, 20. Sp, 21. Fyeo, 22. Dad, 23. Lald, 24. Tmwtgg

Returningson wrote:

The reason why we all here  ajb007/martini

Exactly!

RIP, Sir!

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

A fantastic actor, and the most iconic James Bond of them all. He was wonderful in many of his other films too, especially The Offence.

Sad news indeed. He has always been my favourite Bond and I'll always remember the contribution he made to our lives.

Shop the latest thing from Q Branch - James Bond inspired merch and gifts!
https://qbranchmedia.shop

RIP Sir Sean. I hope his passing was peaceful. A great legend who will live on in the hearts and minds of many. The man who brought Bond to life.  ajb007/martini

I hope the end credits of NTTD will at least include the mention « In memory of Sir Sean Connery ». BB and MGW paid tribute to Cubby in TND for obvious reasons but Sean was a legend. It would be a total lack of respect if they do nothing...

Last edited by SeanIsTheOnlyOne (31st Oct 2020 16:58)

I'll be disapointed if the end titles of NTTD doesn't include a "in memory of" for both Roger Moore and Sean Connery.

Number24 wrote:

I'll be disapointed if the end titles of NTTD doesn't include a "in memory of" for both Roger Moore and Sean Connery.

I see your point but Sean was God to me. He created the legend. He deserves his own tribute like Cubby in TND.

There's a tribute to Sean on BBC2 tonight at 9pm, titled Sean Connery - In His Own Words.

Sad day - we will never forget - RIP sir
https://i.postimg.cc/m2H7wgpR/SC20201031.jpg

Sad day ... I am still in shock ...

~Never Let Them See You Bleed~

This really is my childhoods end..........RIP Sir Sean and may God Bless you.

FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, GF, SF, TLD,  LTK, TND,  FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK.

"Do you expect me to talk?  "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"