Topic: Drakes Crosby Moc-toe

Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a pair of these, albeit in a different colour compared to the SA models. Just wanted to ask how the crepe soles have worn for those that own them?

It's my only concern about them - that the sole will not last long. There are some colours options on the drakes website that do have rubber/dainite soles on them but not necessarily in the colour I'm after.

Cheers

Yes but my martini's still dry.

Re: Drakes Crosby Moc-toe

I wear mine constantly at the moment, and haven't seen any wearing down at all.

Just go for it. They're my favourite pair at the moment.

Blair

QuantumofSolange wrote:

Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a pair of these, albeit in a different colour compared to the SA models. Just wanted to ask how the crepe soles have worn for those that own them?

It's my only concern about them - that the sole will not last long. There are some colours options on the drakes website that do have rubber/dainite soles on them but not necessarily in the colour I'm after.

Cheers

Great, glad to hear it. Thanks for the reply!

Yes but my martini's still dry.

Better than the Sander's

QuantumofSolange wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers

You can always have something like a Dainite put on later if you want.. I saw a video of a cobbler doing it with the SA color Drakes on Youtube. I have a AstorFlex branded chukka, which is essentially the same, and the sole seems to wear really well.

km1fdm wrote:
QuantumofSolange wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers

You can always have something like a Dainite put on later if you want.. I saw a video of a cobbler doing it with the SA color Drakes on Youtube. I have a AstorFlex branded chukka, which is essentially the same, and the sole seems to wear really well.

Would you have a link to the video? I would like to see it.