Owning a Walther PPK in Canada

Any Canadians here own a PPK (or know someone that does)? I recently got my restricted firearms licence and being the Bond fan I am, the PPK is my dream gun. But, alas, it's prohibited up here. Has anyone jumped through the hoops of acquiring a PPK in Canada and what was it like (getting it re-barrelled, changing the classification...etc)?

For non-Canadians, any handgun with a barrel less than 105 mm or chambers .32 or .25 is prohibited here. So that includes the Walther PP, PPK, and PPK/S. Unless you're one of the lucky people that got grandfathered (I am sadly not), the only way to own a PPK is to find a .380 PPK, get it re-barrelled with a 105+ mm barrel, and have the clasification changed.

Comments

• Simon_jreesSimon_jrees Wales, UKPosts: 89MI6 Agent
    Any Canadians here own a PPK (or know someone that does)? I recently got my restricted firearms licence and being the Bond fan I am, the PPK is my dream gun. But, alas, it's prohibited up here. Has anyone jumped through the hoops of acquiring a PPK in Canada and what was it like (getting it re-barrelled, changing the classification...etc)?

For non-Canadians, any handgun with a barrel less than 105 mm or chambers .32 or .25 is prohibited here. So that includes the Walther PP, PPK, and PPK/S. Unless you're one of the lucky people that got grandfathered (I am sadly not), the only way to own a PPK is to find a .380 PPK, get it re-barrelled with a 105+ mm barrel, and have the clasification changed.

Eesh... sounds like a lot of hoop jumping, I feel for you. If it makes you feel any better I'm in the U.K and only deactivated guns are allowed, so no live firing Walther experience for me.
    "I hate to ask stupid questions but where exactly did you lay him out cold?"
  • crazycanuckcrazycanuck Posts: 15MI6 Agent

Eesh... sounds like a lot of hoop jumping, I feel for you. If it makes you feel any better I'm in the U.K and only deactivated guns are allowed, so no live firing Walther experience for me.

Damn that sucks. I'm not really that familiar with UK gun laws but from what I've heard, they are super restrictive (much more so then Canada). I'm lucky enough to own a P99 and that might be as close as I can get to a Bond gun.